Well, I guess it’s time for my looking-back-at-my-last-month’s-buys post! It has a couple of re-purchases of products I use regularly, a mix of skincare and makeup items, some of which are new or fairly new launches. So, let’s go…
Pro Palette Large/ Duo. I got it without getting the inserts (they are sold separately, in case you don’t know) and I’m thinking of using it for my Inglot eyeshadows and blushes. I figured it would be more convenient and less storage space consuming than the multiple smaller Inglot palettes that I have now. Plus, this will give me the chance to expand my Inglot collection, without getting any more Inglot palettes.
• Clarifying Lotion for combination oily. That’s a re-purchase. It’s my favorite toner and I use it only at night.
• Chubby Stick Baby Tint moisturizing lip colour balm in ’04 flowering freesia’. I will probably dedicate a seperate post on this product in the future, once I have the chance to use it a bit more.
From The Body Shop:
• Tea Tree Oil. That’s also a re-purchase. I use it mainly topically on breakouts.
• Tea Tree Face Mask. It’s the first time I’m getting this item and I have only used it a couple of times. I haven’t made my mind yet. It hasn’t made anything spectacular to my skin, nor has it had any negative effect on it.
• Wild Argan Oil Miracle Solid Oil for Body & Hair. First of all, this product has a deceptive name! One would expect a product named “Wild Argan Oil Miracle Solid Oil” to have argan oil as its main ingredient, wouldn’t they? But no! Hydrogenated coconut oil is its main ingredient and, as a matter of fact, argan oil is fairly low in the ingredients list (you can see it in the image below). And you have to unstick the sticker on the back of The Body Shop products in order to see the ingredients. I could, of course, have checked it online and probably I should have, but I wasn’t expecting something like that. The Tea Tree Oil, for instance, does mention it’s 15% tea tree oil on the packaging, without the need to unstick the sticker where the full list of the ingredients is written. Now, as for the product itself, I don’t have a clear opinion, yet. I don’t like its scent though, I feel it’s too strong and that’s a kind of turn-off, especially if I am to use it on my hair.
• Lipliner in ‘ 13 transparent’. I think that it’s like all the other transparent lipliners out there (I have tried a few myself), but it’s super inexpensive.
• From the “Hello Autumn” collection ‘ 01 autumn & the city’ multi colour powder.
• From the “Hello Autumn” collection ‘C02 keep calm & go for a walk’ lip cream.
• From the “Hello Autumn” collection ‘ 04 keep calm & go for a walk’ thermo effect nail polish. The reason I got it is for its “thermo effect”, which actually works. In cold the color becomes rose taupe and in warm tawny.
‘Dancing Til Dusk’ Eye & Cheek Palette. I usually like Sleek palettes and this one is neutral, for eyes and cheeks, with 2 matte and 2 shimmery eyeshadows and a matte and a shimmery blush.