October has just started and that can mean only one thing. It’s time for my monthly beauty buys post.
Last month had mainly M·A·C products, a couple of W7 products, my first ones. This was also the first time I purchased a subscribtion box. It’s seasonal, for Fall, and the main reason I got it was because it came with a Steam Cream that I wanted to try anyway and the box costed only a bit more than the Steam Cream on its own.
I haven’t had the chance to use them all enough in order to have a clear opinion yet.
• Pro Palette Large – Single. I got it to try and see if it’s more convenient than the old pro palettes that I own and also, since it has no inserts, I can use it not necessarilly for M·A·C items.
• Sheen Supreme Lipglass Tint in ‘Bubble Gum’. This was a limited edition item. It has the typical M·A·C lip product scent, but it is not sticky like M·A·C lipglasses are. It is quite thick, yet comfortable on the lips.
• Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm Compact SPF 30 (in ‘Extra Light’). This is a re-purchase. It has medium coverage it does not feel like wearing anything on the skin, but paradoxically, it can look like you are wearing some sort of foundation on the face. The main reason why I re-purchase it is because it matches my skin perfectly, and being that light-skinned, finding a foundation (or BB, or whatever) that is not too dark is close to impossible.
• Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in ‘Emphatically Blonde’. It has an ash-blonde color and comes with a tiny brush mascara wand that makes the application easier than the typical wand.
• Brush Cleanser. This is a re-purchase. I’ve used so many of those over the years. I use it for spot cleansing, mixed with water.
• ‘In the Nude’ Palette. This suppose to be a dupe for the Naked 3 palette. Urban Decay products are not sold here. Sephora has brought some palettes in the past, but it hasn’t recently. So I thought to get this W7 palette that is a ‘dupe’. It’s so inexpensive (or maybe the word ‘cheap’ is more accurate in this case) anyways. First of all, I do not know if it’s dupe of the Naked 3, I haven’t seen one in person. Second of all, the case broke within two days. And third, I’m not impressed at all neither from the quality nor from the pigmentation of the shadows. But it costs about €8 and it contains 12 eyeshadows. I shouldn’t have expected much!
• ‘Double Act’ Blusher. Since I placed an order for the palette, I thought to give the brand’s boxed blushes a try, since they themselves suppose to be dupes of high end products. I chose that particular one expecting it to be like Benefit’s ’10’ bronzing & highlighting face powder duo, but it is not. I do not own the Benefit one, but form what I’ve seen at the store plus my experience with other Benefit boxed powders, I have to say that I don’t find the W7 one to be something special.
From Sleek Makeup:
the Blush By 3 Palette in ‘Lace’. It contains 3 peachy – coraly blushes, 2 matte and 1 shimmery.
From Sephora Collection:
IT Palette in ‘Nude’. It comes with 12 neutral eyeshadows (or 1 base, 2 highlighters, 7 eyeshadows and 2 eyeliners, as they are divided), a brown eye pencil and a double ended brush. I’ve been wanting this palette since it came out and I was waiting for some kind of deal. I finally got it 40% off!
the nail art special effects topper in ’19 bird of paradise’.
In the subscribtion box there were:
KMS California ‘After Sun Rescue’ treatment,
Aden Cosmetics nail polish in ‘no.78’,
Me Me Me Light Up Lip Gloss in ‘no.9 intense’,
Lavera lip balm in ‘soft bronze’,
Montagne Jeunesse Apricot & Mango exfoliating mask.